Picara Baby Carriers

Thursday, September 07, 2006

So I'm going to go to church

Yes, me.

No, I'm not being coerced.

Seriously, I'm not.

We're going to check this church out on Sunday.

Church

They're having a potluck afterwards. I'll bring a dessert. Do figs wrapped in prosciutto count as dessert or appetizer?

Speaking of which:

12 figs, ripe

12 pieces of prosciutto

some balsamic vinegar, the good stuff

some olive oil, the good stuff

Clean and trim the figs.
Wrap a piece of prosciutto all the way around it. If it wraps twice, it's fine.

Place in baking dish with end of prosciutto down so that it doesn't unravel.

Drizzle balsamic vinegar over.

Drizzle olive oil over.

Bake at 350 for about 15 mins.

You can finish it with a broil if you'd like.

You want the figs to be fully smushy and the prosciutto to get a bit caramelized.

It's super yummy, trust me.

Also good with bacon (use half a slice and omit olive oil)
And pancetta, just use less olive oil.

I'm sure any cured meat would be lovely,just has to be super strong.

Also, MaMaMade is rocking. Orders are coming in, kinks are being worked out, machines are humming.

Check out Frank and Sarah's cute pic at thebabywearer.com .

3 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, September 08, 2006, Blogger Becky said...

Unitarians! Perfect! You'll fit right in. I wish we had a UU church near us. In all my research, honestly they'd be the best fit for our beliefs. :-)

 
At 1:56 PM, September 08, 2006, Blogger Shari said...

Sounds like a great church!
Let us know how you liked it :)

 
At 6:24 PM, September 13, 2006, Blogger Shari said...

So...how was church?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home