Picara Baby Carriers

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Cleaning up, clearing out

The first bid is in for the work at a whopping $14,000 some odd. Got another estimate this morning, hopefully their bid will be lower. Getting a third tomorrow. Unfortunately, the bid is for the clean up only, not the rebuilding, not for cleaning the house contents etc. We have to have the house empty before they can start work also. That's right, empty.
Move out. Vacate. Pack up our shit and park it in a storage unit till the work is finished.
I can't even begin to say how I feel about that.


I'm beat. I worked at Sarah's preschool this morning. It's 107 here today. We came to the house to just pick some stuff up, but I couldn't let the mess rest. I swept, mopped and dusted, hoping that it will help with the mold while we're here. Dishes done, fish water changed, dinner defrosting. Some pick up done, but that will just have to wait till later. Sarah has been watching TV for 2 hours now. Getting back into our regular schedule and routine is going to be hard. I'm not even going to try till after our trip to Portland in August.

So, things here are sucky. How's life in your neck of the woods?

1 Comments:

At 12:29 AM, July 19, 2006, Blogger Becky said...

Sucky here too. :-(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home