Picara Baby Carriers

Friday, July 14, 2006

Karaoke

The restaurant next door to our hotel has karaoke. I think we're going to introduce Sarah to the joy that is watching your parents make fools of themselves in public tonight.
I'm thinking, "Islands in the stream" or "Brick House" or maybe some James Taylor.
She knows the words to "If I Had a Million Dollars" by BNL so maybe that one.
Can you see I'm trying to distract myself from the suckiness that is hanging out at a hotel on a Friday morning at 9 am?
Sarah's still sleeping (she needs it sooooooooo much). Frank is at work. His team got spanked at the softball playoffs last night, but oh well.
I need to sew, need to work on the website, need to do laundry. But I'm stuck here. So, eh that's life?
The contractor that said he'd have a bid sent to the insurance company by Tuesday? He lied. He's on vacation now. The insurance rep isn't calling me back. He's an asswipe. The house is still standing, albeit without us. We went swimming there yesterday afternoon. Even that small exposure to the inside of the house made me more congested. BLECH.
Sarah found caterpillars in our tomato plant too. They will eat and eat and eat and eat and eat some more. There are only three right now, so I'm not committing caterpillarcide yet. I might pluck them off and put them in a bug house so Sarah can watch them make cocoons and metamorphose. We were swimming around the pool singing Met a mo pho sis yesterday afternoon. She thought it was the funniest word.
And now, pictures!
Sarah on the carousel at Casa De Fruta.

Frank and Sarah walking through the gardens at the La Playa Hotel in Carmel.

1 Comments:

At 8:41 PM, July 15, 2006, Blogger Becky said...

I've never done Karaoke but I've always wanted to try. Don't think I could screw up the nerve. Maybe if I had a drink or 3...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home