Picara Baby Carriers

Friday, May 26, 2006



Sarah had a visit with her dad today, so I'm on a forced hiatus in the Bay Area. Oh what great difficulty my life brings me. sigh. I got to:

1. Go to Berkeley Bowl and buy kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, galangal, ginger, kumquats, little itty bitty baby cantelopes, curry powder, garam masala powder, mango powder and some other stuff.
2. See Astroturf car parked outside Berkeley Bowl.
3. Be assaulted by Greenpeace activist outside BB. She had no idea of personal space. I am sorry, but I don't want your braless boobies on my arm, you're not that cute.
4. Be pleasantly surprised by the nice guy selling Street Sheets past the Greenpeace Gal. If she learned how he did it, she'd get a lot more money for GP.
5. Go to a hardware store where I've purchased sling rings before and be told, No they have never, nor would they ever carry 3.5 inch soldered aluminum rings even though I've special ordered hundreds from them before. Huh?
6. Go to my old local library and have the children's librarian ask how munchkin was by name. You'll all be very happy that I finally organized all the last paperwork for the divorce to be final final final. About time, 4 years later eh?
7. Now I'm sitting in Temescal Cafe, drinking kick ass organic fair trade coffee, eating a gingerbread biscotti, listening to jazz and blogging.

I love my life.

2 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, May 26, 2006, Blogger Laura said...

Hi neighbor and Becky's friend!
Thanks for saying hi to me.
It sounds rough in Berkeley. I hope you get those rings. You make the fabulous slings don't you?
:::::sigh:::: my sling/baby wearing days are over, at least until I get me some grandbabies someday.
I love your work and (almost) wished I had another baby just to buy me something fun for baby and me.
Have fun in the Bay Area and please, stay away from GP girl!

 
At 10:00 PM, May 27, 2006, Blogger Becky said...

LOL! Gah my life in the burbs is so utterly mundane compared to your hinky city exploits. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home