Picara Baby Carriers

Monday, March 20, 2006

In which I bitch and bitch and bitch


I don't even know where to start. This weekend has been at times great, awful and infuriating.
Let's see, let's deal with the big ones right now.
Bigotry, intolerance, rudeness and racism.
Have I made a mistake moving here? Am I going to be butting heads for life against these things? Is it possible to raise Sarah here in a healthy way?
Bigotry: I made a comment at her preschool last week when I was working. A little girl was playing with the dolls, Sarah was helping, they were trying to decide who would be mom who would be dad, well I say,"Some babies have two mommies, so you both can be the mommies".
Apparently another mom overheard and had issues with it. Issues that she took to the school director who took me aside today and very apologetically brought this to my attention.
It's not the director's fault. It's the other parent's fault for being intolerant and obnoxious. I mean wth, saying a statement of fact "Some kids have two mommies" is not saying, "hey kid, let's get you into lesbianism." Nuff said, I'm still seeing red.

Intolerance: See above.

Racism: At a band festa (oh dear me what have I gotten into) a couple sits across from us and the first friggin comment out of the woman's mouth is "Oh look, she's a partial."
Partial what????
Partial
Partial
I am sputtering still. I did not want to bring it to Sarah's attention, so I kept my infuriated mouth shut. Now I wish I'd said something.

Rudeness: Do people not know how to stand in an orderly line and take turns? Are all children (except mine of course LOL) destined to turn into these piggish horriffic people? If you're offering a service, offer that service in the same way to all people, if you cannot, DON"T DO IT>
GRRRRRRRR

Ex husband was late getting Sarah back. He hadn't fed her dinner. He had had her in a car for at least 2 hours ahead of drop off. We had a 2 hour drive left. With a hungry, tired of being in car, cranky kid. Made a stop at emergency food place for toy and fries. She loved the troll doll that McD's gave her. Promptly gave it a haircut at home though. It's looks really cute.

Finally got home at 9:30 last night. Sarah went to sleep late. We went to sleep late. But she got really upset at the idea of staying home from school, so we went to school. Where I got the news from the director about the comment I made. Just a suckass weekend.

I did have some shopping therapy Sunday. Got a lot of new fabric for MMM, a down and plush throw blanket and a shell vine, a trumpet vine and a bunch of seeds for impatiens balfourii.

I'll leave you with a pic of my lovely front garden for now.

1 Comments:

At 7:57 AM, March 29, 2006, Blogger Becky said...

Oye. There are OTHER ways a person can have two mommies too. Ones that are less "controversial". LOL What about young kids whose parents divorce and remarry? They can end up with two "mommies". Two "Daddies" also. What about adoption? I have a birth-mommy and an adoptive mommy. OK, so I don't know my birth-mommy. Yet. But that mother getting all bent over your comment...that bugs me. I don't blame you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home