Picara Baby Carriers

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Whew,

The wedding is over. The school year is almost done. Sniff, sniff, my little girl is almost in First Grade. We have plans for a party, tons of friends coming over, lots of summer plans.
Yet, I'm still dragging. Having a hard time moving forward into this new life of ours.

We're seeing if we can have a baby and I know some of the news from that front is causing anxiety (ya think?) and some depression. My heart isn't as strong as it used to be, physically or emotionally. I sometimes think I should just throw in the towel and choose to not have any more children. But, I know I won't. I know that we will have more children, however they come into our lives.

Sarah has started calling this, "Project Baby". She has dug out tons of her old baby clothes and cloth diapers. There is a fair chance that at some point she will try to dress the cats. Right now all her stuffed animals, dolls and anything that has arms and legs is dressed with a diaper and possibly a sunhat.

In other news I applied for a grant for the elementary school so that we can paint a mural on the wall over the (almost defunct) kindergarten garden. Or as we've dubbed it, "The KinderGarden". I'm taking a community mural class at Precita Eyes in SF to get ready. We've already got an artist's sketch and most of the information we need. Now to get district approval before painting. It sounds kind of bass ackwards to get the grant before approval, but with budgets so tight I knew we didn't have a chance of approval without funding, so I put in the application anyways.

Funny story:
Sarah was sick as a dog during the wedding, she was ill for 3 days before and 4 afterwards, so all in all over a week. Most of the pictures she looks sedate, somewhat serene, sometimes longsuffering. But, and there is always a but with her, in some of the pictures she was seriously loopy.
I'll post some pictures below and see if you can spot what I'm talking about.



All of Frank's family and a cross eyed Sarah. She was cross eyed in a series of about 6 photos. Thank goodness we got one where her eyes are normal or Frank's parents would have a conniption fit.

Pretending to be old, infirm and jumping around on canes from the B&B.

3 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, May 15, 2008, Blogger Shari said...

Beautiful! Just Beautiful!

 
At 9:54 AM, May 15, 2008, Blogger Becky said...

LMAO!!! I'm sorry, but her expression in that group photo is beyond hilarious! What a ham! Oh my...

As for the baby project; you guys are in the surrogate capital of the universe. We would have given that route a shot if my poor battered ovary could have produced more than one egg at a time. [insert wry grin]

 
At 1:30 PM, May 15, 2008, Blogger mygirlboutique@gmail.com said...

She is probably the most hilarious kid I've ever met. She has pretty impeccable comic timing.
The photographer asked, "if this is what she's like sick, does she levitate when she's well?"

I know, we're not researching surrogacy yet, well at least not technically, but I have realized we're very blessed to live within driving distance of UCSF, Stanford, John Muir, UC Davis etc.

I will be posting more pics of silly Sarah soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home