Picara Baby Carriers

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Meanwhile, back on the farm

We're in bed today. Not just because we like it, because it is fiscialy fisically physicly physically impossible to get out. Last night I started feeling wonky, thought it was just because I'd worked with a lot of chemicals at my dad's house. Then, I started feeling really wonky. Frank said, um babe, you feeling ok? I said, of course I am, NOT. Temp is up, energy is down, throat feels bad, body feels worse. Sarah woke up this morning saying, "I'm not sick, my chest just hurts really bad, Mama." And since she hasn't moved once in four hours, I'll wager a bet that she is too, sick.
We're surviving on leftovers and english muffins. Yay english muffins. How did the English, with their notoriously bad cuisine come up with something as yummy as an english muffin? Even in the whole wheat, multi grain form they are yummy enough for a 4 year old to eat them. So despite sickness, we're eating well. I had lentil soup with avocado, tomato and onion on top of it.

My lentil soup recipe of the week.

1 cup lentils
bunch of water
chopped onion (lots or little)
chopped garlic (lots or little)
carrots, celery, any other veggie you have. we put in kale, spinach and celery.
saute the onion and garlic in some olive oil.
when translucent add water and rinsed lentils
grind some spices in a coffee grinder and don't tell your partner, so that their next cup of coffee tastes suspiciously of mustard and coriander.
spices I like: coriander, mustard seed, dill, mango powder
add spices to soup, boil till soup like.
Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home