Picara Baby Carriers

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

In Tears

I'm sitting here with children laughing and playing, a fire in the hearth and the knowledge that my partner is safe at work. I'm in tears after hearing the news of James Kim's death. I don't know this family. I never knew them when we lived in SF. But I lived in their neighborhood in SF. I still work at Natural Resources in Noe Valley in SF near one of their stores. I don't know what the deep feeling of connection is about, whether it's similarities in age, age of children, place or just the heroic efforts of this family, but I am so very sad right now.

My thoughts and wishes go out to the Kim family in their time of loss and of finding. I know it is not much solace finding James, but I am so grateful that they found him, so that his family can know what happened to him and start healing.

1 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, December 08, 2006, Blogger Becky said...

This story made me very sad too.
:-(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home